Welcome to the Leeds Landlord Accreditation Scheme
Leeds Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS) is a voluntary scheme that private residential landlords are encouraged to join by Leeds City Council
The aims of the scheme are to encourage, acknowledge and actively promote good standards of privately rented accommodation. LLAS considers management standards and landlord knowledge an important part of being a good landlord as well as having reasonable property
LLAS will provide accredited landlords with recognition that their homes are of a good standard and that they providing a professional service
Landlords, tenants and members of the community will enjoy the benefits of good property conditions, competent management standards and considerate neighbourly behaviour.
LLAS members get
- Recognition by Leeds City Council, tenants and others of your commitment to good standards
- Accredited landlords are provided with up to date information on the key issues of property management and landlord-tenant legislation and comprehensive reference material covering all aspects of private sector letting
- Accredited landlords gain a distinct market advantage
- Discounts on a wide range of goods and services
- Local benefits provided by Leeds City Council including parking and refuse disposal concessions
- A reduction in misunderstandings and disputes and a quick and effective resolution of disputes
By working together with landlords, Leeds City Council and LLAS will continue to recognise, promote and raise good standards of property management and conditions within the Private Rented Sector in Leeds.
It will continue to contribute towards Better Regulation, as accredited landlords will be demonstrably lower risk and require lower levels of public resources for enforcement.
To become a member of LLAS requires a commitment and an agreement to abide by the scheme requirements which can be read or downloaded by clicking here. Please ensure that you are aware of what is required before you submit your application.
The scheme is currently under review and open to consultation. To view a copy of a draft of the proposed scheme requirements please 'click here'.
LLAS is operated on behalf of Leeds City Council by RLAAS Ltd., which is a national scheme owned by the Residential Landlords Association.